Police: One Charged In Brutal Sex Assault On Northwest Side

CBS Chicago

CHICAGO (STMW) — The man charged this weekend in last month’s brutal sexual assault of a Belmont-Cragin teen faced similar charges in a separate case last summer, but the judge dismissed the earlier case.

Chicago Police say Luis Pantoja, 25, who is hearing-impaired and goes by the nickname “Silent,” is responsible for the sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl who was on her way to school when she was attacked Dec. 17 — three months to the day after authorities said he left the Cook County jail.

The girl was assaulted about 5:25 a.m., not 6 a.m. as investigators first thought, Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said at a Sunday afternoon news conference where he discussed the arrest and charges against Pantoja. That also means the girl was bleeding in the snow 35 minutes longer than originally suspected. A resident found the girl in his backyard about 8 a.m. in…

View original post 450 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s